Thursday, October 17, 2013

R.I.P. Ed Lauter 1930-2013



We lost another great character actor.  Ed Lauter started out in the theater and then made his way to TV in the early 70s.  Ed then quickly graduated to the movies with The Magnificent Seven Ride and then began a career of alternating TV and movie work for the next 40 years.  I remember him from movies like Hickey and Boggs, The Longest Yard, Satan’s Triangle, King Kong, Timerider, Cujo, and True Romance.  He must have been good buddies with Charles Bronson because they starred together in The White Buffalo, Death Hunt, Breakhart Pass, and my personal fave Death Wish 3.
Ed was in about every popular TV show you can think of from the 70s, 80s, and even some from the 90s.  I recently saw Ed in 2012’s Trouble with the Curve and realized I had not seen him in anything in awhile.  Great actor and he will be missed.


No comments: