Thursday, May 8, 2014

New Release Tuesday

It's Warner Brother’s animation, it’s Batman, what’s not to like?  Apparently Batman gets tired of Robin at some point and decides to have a kid.  I always enjoy these especially when they are about the Dark Knight.



I just could not pull the trigger on the essential Hitchcock box set that came about over a year ago.  It is really pricey and I just was not on board on all the movies in the collection.  Marnie was released as a single recently but know Universal is pushing out the best titles individually so I am looking forward to picking up these classics.

This is one of the best comedies ever hands down.  Mel Brooks really celebrated my birth year in style by releasing this and Young Frankenstein in 1974.  If you have not seen this do yourself a favor and pick this up partner.  If you already own this on blu word is this is just a repackage for the anniversary and is not worth the upgrade.  

Kurt Russell has been quiet since his turn as Stuntman Mike in Deathproof and he snuck this movie out without me knowing about it.  If Snake Plissken is in it it’s gotta be worth a watch.

During the Great Depression, a sheet music salesman seeks to escape his dreary life through popular music and a love affair with an innocent school teacher.  This has been out of print for awhile and has been elusive to me during my cinema hunting.  But fear not, Warner Archive has re-issued this classic Steve Martin title so I can finally get this some time.

Uh, no thanks.






No comments: