Wednesday, October 23, 2019

New Release Tuesday


Trilogy of Terror 2- Three short tales of terror including: woman's encounter when attempting to rob a grave; the story of a woman who summons her son back from the dead; and tale of an African doll who comes to life.  I was not aware there was a sequel so I need to get around to checking this out.   And maybe the reason I have never heard if it is because it sucks.  To be determined. 



Satanic Panic- A pizza delivery girl at the end of her financial rope has to fight for her life - and her tips when her last order of the night turns out to be high society Satanists in need of a virgin sacrifice.  This dandy was filmed here in Dallas last year so I have been waiting for it and have heard great things about it from my horror podcasts.  Mr. Amazon already delivered this so I will be spinning this tonight.




Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark- A young couple inherits an old mansion inhabited by small demon-like creatures who are determined to make the wife one of their own.  Wow, its been a long time since I have seen this TV classic.  I have this on DVD and of course Warner Archive upgrades it to blu.  If you have not seen this give it a spin, sit back and appreciate one of the best made for TV movies of its time.



The Dead Center- A hospital psychiatrist's own sanity is pushed to the edge when a frightened amnesiac patient insists that he has died and brought something terrible back from the other side.  This is from local director Shane Carruth who did the excellent Primer which is a very good movie but makes me feel like an idiot because I must watch it again to maybe try to figure out what is going on.


No comments: