Thursday, October 24, 2019

Triple Feature Wednesday

I did not have any plans last night, I did not have to take anybody anywhere, there were plenty of leftovers for dinner, and the house was clean enough so I decided to relax and kick back with three horror movies.  Here is what was on tap:

I have been hearing good things about this movie produced by Fangoria and shot here in Dallas.  This is a horror comedy done right as it got the mix just right and the effects are good in this for a lower budget movie.  The lead actress final girl was very good and it was a great character you feel for as you follow her thru this ordeal.

I heard the guys from Scream Factory on The Shock Waves podcast recently and they were asked what recent title that they have put out that they were most proud and this was their answer so I ordered it.  I really enjoy watching older movies these days because it reminds me of watching old black and white movies on late Friday or Saturday nights when you only had three channels to choose from on your TV.  This movie is from 1945 and is absolutely gorgeous on blu.  This marks the 8th and final appearance of Karloff and Lugosi in the same movie.  Check it out.

I have always had a soft spot for this movie and it has been getting some real love and respect lately.  This was a reboot back before we knew what that term meant.  When this was released people were still confused by Chainsaw 2 so this sequel went back to being strait horror and is really good but I remember watching a doc about this and the movie opened in 11th place to bomb on arrival.  It has since gained cult status and is loved by many.  New Line Cinema acquired the rights for this so some of the cast and crew went on to make some little movies called The Lord of the Rings.



No comments: