Thursday, December 15, 2016

Chilling with Streaming




As you know I am a physical media kind of guy but I did get on board with the 21st Century and began streaming this year.  I started with Amazon to test the air waves or band width as the kids call it.  I was pleasantly surprised as streaming has come a long way since my initial tests a long time as there is no more choppy video or audio disruptions anymore.  Streaming is still not in true HD but it looks good enough and that made me take the Netflix plunge finally so I can get caught up on all these Marvel shows.  

So, which streaming service is the best?  Let’s tune in and see.  Both have a lot of programming with plenty of movies and shows to choose from on the screen.  Both have original programming but I must give the nod to Netflix in this category because of the Marvel shows, Stranger Things, and The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.  Amazon’s The Man in the High Castle was really good and I need to check out Billy Bob Thornton’s Goliath.  On the movie front I am going to call a draw even though Netflix may  get some new releases quicker Amazon seems to have a much deeper catalog of library titles to choose from.  I have read that Netflix intends to dedicate even more of its service to original programming soon and they have a big deal with starting with Disney movies next year so Netflix will continue to soar.  I have also been considering subscribing to Shudder, a horror streaming channel that lets you check out what they have available before you sign up for scary stuff.  

I am now onboard with streaming but I will still have all my physical media on hand if an EMP attack ever occurs so I can run a generator to my TV and blu ray player and still be watching stuff in style.  Now, back to trying to figure out where to put all my movies.



No comments: