Wednesday, December 7, 2016

New Release Tuesday


The CIA's most dangerous former operative is drawn out of hiding to uncover more explosive truths about his past.  I like these movies but the sequels all run together and go by a formula so I cannot remember which story is part 2 or part 3 and so on and not there is anything wrong with as kicking and car chases.  I am glad Damon and Greengrass returned to the franchise because they make a good team. 


The final installment of the long-running Phantasm series.  I have been waiting for this sequel a long time.  Two years ago I saw Phantasm at the Alamo with director Don Coscarelli and most of the cast and we got to see the premiere of the trailer for this and it looked promising.  A Q and A followed and Don had hoped the movie would be released by the end of 2015 but it took another year for that to happen.  Reviews are mixed on this but it will be nice to the series come to an end and see the Tall Man on the screen one last time, boy!  R.I.P. Angus.  Also, Phantasm is being released on blu for the first with its new 4K scan from J.J. Abrams.  I scored Phantasm at Wal Mart but it has been difficult to find Ravager.  My Amazon account says waiting to ship and forums indicate this is a hard title to find in stores so the waiting for Ravager continues.  **Update** I found this at Best Buy.  Yes, Best Buy. I thought they only carried major new release titles not obscure new titles.  Bravo BB!




2015’s best movie goes from bright orange and blue to black and white in this new Chrome Edition of Fury Road from the great George Miller.  I am really excited to see how this plays in this non-color.  I still would have liked to have seen Mel Gibson reprise his role as Max here as old guys kicking ass seems to be all the rage in action movies lately. 


The quiet life of a terrier named Max is upended when his owner takes in Duke, a stray whom Max instantly dislikes.  This movie made a really good trailer six months in advance and built up hype and we all went to see it and were really let down.  This movie is below average but it cleaned up at the box office so be ready for a sequel in the near future.




These shows are a lot of fun and I enjoy watching them with the boy.









No comments: